I was considering doing a 2nd project, similar to this but significantly improved. It is unlikely at this point that there actually will be any such followup project (at least not organized by me), but here are a few ideas that I proposed when there was still a possibility of a sequel:
- Many more bills, to ensure much better potential for meaningful results
- Some other criteria for locations - the 1st project was done by states, but that isn't necessarily the best way to do it, considering that different states have different populations, different topography, different kinds of people, etc. Bill entry by state was done for the purposes of simplicity, but I will be looking for other, different ways to divide the country into many little subregions for bill entry
- Require all bills to be brand new, uncirculated bills, for more consistency
- Possibly have other denominations ($1s and $5s maybe), although this would likely depend on how many people are able to afford getting that much cash (might not be a problem though if they are several participants per state - or area or whatever)
Other suggested ideas (with varying degrees of seriousness):
The Bill Analysis Conspiracy
- Everyone mails their bills to me, I stamp them (to ensure consistency) and mail them back
- Everyone use the same stamp (well, same KIND of stamp). Those who have the needed stamps could mail it to anyone who doesn't
- Spend bills in state capitals, or the country's 100 biggest cities
- Spend bills in airports and keep track of how many stay there and how many travel on planes
- Expand it do include Canada, or perhaps an additional project for Where's Willy?
At one point, Where's Willy? users were in the process of doing a project for Canada, headed by Brett. He titled this project the "Bill Analysis Conspiracy" and said he should have a website up soon, but that was some time ago. I do not know if anything like this was actually done.